Augmented reality dials into iPhone
LONDON - Lost in London and need to find a tube? Don't despair because the first augmented reality iPhone app has arrived in the iTunes store, enabling users to visualise points of interest in their nearby environment.
Fast food chains can now be found with ease
The Bionic Eye app, which costs 59p, is only available on the iPhone 3GS, but iPod Touch and iPhone users can also use an alternative version without video images using the Google Map system.
The app displays destinations that are located within 0.6 miles of the user, and offers a 360-degree view of fast food chains, coffee shops, leisure venues, accommodation, transport links and other attractions.
It also displays a horizontal position that lists destinations using a blue compass that informs the user of their direction and distance.
London tube stations, Odeon Cinemas, Holiday Inn Express and even the Apple Store can also be located among many others. Fast food chains include McDonald's, Subway, Burger King, while Starbucks and Caffe Nero also have listings.
The app claims to cover all UK cities and is also available in the US, France and Japan.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...