Avatar technology arrives in the UK
LONDON - As hype builds around the release of this year's most-anticipated movie release - live action 3D film Avatar - a new technology that allows digital agencies to create 3D avatar-based environments is launching in the UK.
Avatar technology from Archi-Me
The new technology - called Archi-Me - enables web designers to create fully interactive avatar-based virtual environments from 3D models.
Archi-Me has been developed by UK-based firm Moofu, which claims the launch will revolutionise the way digital developers use 3D design to showcase and test their ideas.
The futuristic tool allows users to interact with their surroundings, for example, by re-arranging furniture, opening doors and communicating with other avatars. Users can also view environments in different ways, switching from first-person to third-person and top-down.
Aside from offering a unique user experience, the advantage behind the technology is that it allows clients to become involved with the design - allowing them to explore the space before designs are finalised and approved, and construction begins.
Nick Palfrey, managing director and founder of Moofu, said: "We have been stunned by the overwhelming response from our test companies across the globe and with the launch of Archi-Me we are giving a new edge to the way architects, planners, developers and builders create and showcase their work.
"As a company, we're committed to leading with emerging ideas, creating new markets and championing the best people - and Archi-Me is a solution that meshes perfectly with that."
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...