Coming soon to Twitter: create lists of people and follow them with one click
LONDON - Twitter is launching a new feature that will enable you to create sharable lists of users based around topics of interest including everything from football to fishing.
Twitter Lists will allow you to create groups of users
The company has begun testing the Lists service following ‘frequent requests' from users for better ways of organising information on the microblogging platform.
The tool, which is currently being tested among a small subset of users in the US, will allow you to group Twitterers into lists, allowing other microbloggers to follow everyone in that list with a single click of the mouse.
For example, "Twitter Lists project lead Nick Kallen writes on the company blog "you could create a list of the funniest Twitter accounts of all time, athletes, local businesses, friends, or any compilation that makes sense."
Brands would also be able to take advantage of the service to create lists of ‘advocates' that they could recommend to other users, replicating the Facebook Fan Page service.
Twitter plans to make the Lists API available to outside developers so they can create variations of the service and integrate it into their own apps. This could have significant implications for existing Twitter apps such as Tweetdeck, Tweetie and Seesmic.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...