Augmented reality iPhone app lets you annotate the world around you
LONDON - Wikitude is an augmented reality iPhone app that blends Wikipedia with real life, allowing you to view comments other people have left about the world around you.
Wikitude is available in a number of languages, including German
The app allows you to access a wide range of data on places, buildings and points of interest in your vicinity simply by looking through the camera on your iPhone 3GS.
Information from Wikipedia, local reviews from Qype and crowdsourced data from the Wikitude website appear in text boxes superimposed over the real world.
The app, which uses the compass built into the iPhone 3GS also you to tag any location with personal notes and annotations for others to find later.
Wikitude launched last month for Android-enabled mobile phones, but has been highly anticipated on the iPhone because of its practical ability of overlay useful virtual items on the real world.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...