'Job wanted' sandwich board grad hired by JCDecaux
LONDON - Roaming the streets of London wearing a sandwich board is the new way into a media career, judging by JCDecaux's new hiring David Rowe.
The unemployed history graduate used the board to proclaim his availability for work, offering to work his first month for free.
In his five days walking around the capital last month he attracted widespread media coverage and generated 250 enquiries from interested employers.
He was also spotted in Fleet Street by JCDecaux's managing director Spencer Berwin and is now a junior sales co-ordinator at the outdoor media owner, working in the billboards, street furniture and StreetTalk phone boxes team.
The company also declined Rowe's offer to go through his first month unpaid.
Berwin said: "I was very impressed by David turning himself into a human billboard -- he's displayed a natural talent for outdoor advertising.
"His sales pitch showed enormous confidence and a determination to succeed that is highly attractive for any employer."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)