'Job wanted' sandwich board grad hired by JCDecaux
LONDON - Roaming the streets of London wearing a sandwich board is the new way into a media career, judging by JCDecaux's new hiring David Rowe.
The unemployed history graduate used the board to proclaim his availability for work, offering to work his first month for free.
In his five days walking around the capital last month he attracted widespread media coverage and generated 250 enquiries from interested employers.
He was also spotted in Fleet Street by JCDecaux's managing director Spencer Berwin and is now a junior sales co-ordinator at the outdoor media owner, working in the billboards, street furniture and StreetTalk phone boxes team.
The company also declined Rowe's offer to go through his first month unpaid.
Berwin said: "I was very impressed by David turning himself into a human billboard -- he's displayed a natural talent for outdoor advertising.
"His sales pitch showed enormous confidence and a determination to succeed that is highly attractive for any employer."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Email Marketing and CRM Executive Brand Recruitment £23000 per annum + excellent benefits, Milton Keynes