Shazam strikes advertising deal with 4th Screen
LONDON - Shazam, the mobile music brand, has signed a deal with ad network 4th Screen Advertising to offer targeted advertising opportunities on the brand's application.
The application, which enables users to identify songs using their phones, will incorporate ad platform Mpression to serve targeted ads in the UK, Germany, France and Spain.
Mpression will use music tagging information to enable advanced targeting for advertisers. As well as the usual mobile targeting parameters such as handset type and time of day, advertisers will be able to target consumers based on their music tastes, for example, by artist name or by individual track names.
Jonathan Symons, EVP of business development at Shazam Entertainment, said: "It is our ambition to push the envelope of mobile advertising."
The move comes as 4th Screen Advertising rolls out its new rich media in-application ad formats for Apple's iPhone, Google's Android and Nokia's Ovi applications.
These formats will allow advertisers to access the video, GPS and call functions on the handsets to engage with consumers.
The iSlide formats will offer touch to expand, touch to video, touch to call as well as touch to find my nearest.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...