Shazam strikes advertising deal with 4th Screen
LONDON - Shazam, the mobile music brand, has signed a deal with ad network 4th Screen Advertising to offer targeted advertising opportunities on the brand's application.
The application, which enables users to identify songs using their phones, will incorporate ad platform Mpression to serve targeted ads in the UK, Germany, France and Spain.
Mpression will use music tagging information to enable advanced targeting for advertisers. As well as the usual mobile targeting parameters such as handset type and time of day, advertisers will be able to target consumers based on their music tastes, for example, by artist name or by individual track names.
Jonathan Symons, EVP of business development at Shazam Entertainment, said: "It is our ambition to push the envelope of mobile advertising."
The move comes as 4th Screen Advertising rolls out its new rich media in-application ad formats for Apple's iPhone, Google's Android and Nokia's Ovi applications.
These formats will allow advertisers to access the video, GPS and call functions on the handsets to engage with consumers.
The iSlide formats will offer touch to expand, touch to video, touch to call as well as touch to find my nearest.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London