YouTube makes video ad move
LONDON - Google has expanded its YouTube 'promoted videos' programme to the UK, following a successful launch in the US earlier this year.
UK advertisers can now bid for Promoted Video keywords through AdWords
Promoted videos combine YouTube and AdWords, letting advertisers place video ads alongside relevant content across the Google Content Network by bidding on keywords.
Pricing is based on performance, and advertisers will also benefit from free clickable overlay ads, which will help drive traffic to a branded website. When users search for videos, YouTube will display the advertisers' videos alongside relevant search results and partner watch pages.
Although Google already offers video ad through AdSense, taking YouTube advertising to the wider internet will increase its reach and could make it more appealing to advertisers.
In August statistics from Compete.com revealed YouTube traffic had become the fourth most popular destination on the web after Google, Yahoo! and Facebook.
The on-going growth of YouTube is good news for advertisers as the site continues to add brand friendly features in an effort to monetise the service.
In July YouTube announced it is trialling technology that will allow content partners to serve their own ads into video clips on the site, in a move that could open the floodgates to big-brand campaigns.
YouTube has also recently allowed content providers including Sony Pictures and ESPN to place their own video players on the site, enabling them to insert their own ads and attribute the traffic to their own networks.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...