Heinz launches umbrella marketing campaign to take on stores' own-label ranges
LONDON - Heinz has launched its biggest umbrella brand marketing campaign ever.
In July, Marketing reported that the company was planning the multi-million pound campaign, across its entire product portfolio, to step up its battle against supermarket own-label products.
The company said the £5m campaign, by agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, marks it biggest spend in the last five years.
The campaign, which has the strapline ‘It has to be Heinz', aims to build an emotional connection between the Heinz brand and consumers.
The initial campaign will focus on five core products including Heinz Tomato Ketchup, Heinz Beanz, Heinz Salad Cream, Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup and Heinz Spaghetti Hoops.
Giles Jepson, sauces and soup marketing director at Heinz: said, ‘The Heinz brand is greatly cherished by the British people. It's hard to find someone who doesn't have significant personal connections with it.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...