Heinz launches umbrella marketing campaign to take on stores' own-label ranges
LONDON - Heinz has launched its biggest umbrella brand marketing campaign ever.
In July, Marketing reported that the company was planning the multi-million pound campaign, across its entire product portfolio, to step up its battle against supermarket own-label products.
The company said the £5m campaign, by agency Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, marks it biggest spend in the last five years.
The campaign, which has the strapline ‘It has to be Heinz', aims to build an emotional connection between the Heinz brand and consumers.
The initial campaign will focus on five core products including Heinz Tomato Ketchup, Heinz Beanz, Heinz Salad Cream, Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup and Heinz Spaghetti Hoops.
Giles Jepson, sauces and soup marketing director at Heinz: said, ‘The Heinz brand is greatly cherished by the British people. It's hard to find someone who doesn't have significant personal connections with it.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London