Affiliate website rides Cheryl Cole obsession
LONDON - Three digital agency executives have launched a site called CherylColeStyle.com that feeds the nation's obsession with the 'X Factor' judge by providing expert advice on how to dress and look like her.
CherylColeStyle.com, which carries disclaimers throughout the site indicating that it is not connected to or affiliated with Cheryl Cole, will feature an ongoing blog commentary provided by a team of 'style experts' for the duration of the 'X Factor' live shows this year.
The site was created by Lucie Follett, founder of SEO agency Maven Metrics, and Jacqueline MacDougall and Christele Ance, founders of web design agency Creacom Design.
The two agencies will make affiliate commission through a 'Buy the Look' section of the site which carries links through to items on online stores such as Very and Net a Porter. In addition, dental brand Pearl Drops is sponsoring a competition.
Follett said: "The aim of the site is not so much about making money, rather as a timely experiment to see how fashion, celebrity and pop-culture combine to create really search-engine friendly content."
The team of "experts" includes fashion and celebrity stylist Desiree Lederer, makeup artist Louise Constad, nail professional Liza Smith, eyebrow guru Shavata, celebrity hair stylist Melissa Brown, beauty journalist Kate Shapland, nutritionist Kate Cook and posture expert Sonia Palecek.
They will tell internet users where to locate the high-end designer original or high-street "lookalikes" of the 'X Factor' outfits worn by Cole and will also offer constructive tips relating to other style aspects, such as advice on how to maintain perfect eyebrows, achieve stunning nails and get fabulous legs like Cole.
In addition to the blog commentary, there is a series of lookbooks with "skinted" and "minted" versions of how to get the "Cheryl look". These are based upon Cole's different outfits each week during the 'X Factor' 2009 series and also on the video for her first solo single 'Fight For This Love'.
Cole's agent has been informed about the creation of CherylColeStyle.com, according to Follett. The site is intended to cover the duration of the current 2009 'X Factor' series.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Marketing Executive - Renewables Met Office £20,570 up to £21,560 for exceptional candidates + competitive benefits, Based in Exeter
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...