GroupM and Yahoo team up for online content effort
LONDON - WPP's GroupM Entertainment and Yahoo have struck a partnership to create a range of online programming that integrates brands into the content.
Yahoo and GroupM teaming for online content
Programmes created by the duo will appear exclusively throughout Yahoo's network of websites including its news, sports, finance and entertainment portals.
GroupM Entertainment and Yahoo will develop content that dovetails with certain advertisers. Yahoo will then promote these programmes to audiences across its network. The companies said the announcement is aimed at helping marketers "creatively incorporate their brands into original online programming".
GroupM Entertainment and Yahoo have experience in creating and distributing programming both offline and online.
Yahoo's TechTicker, with Scottrade as advertiser, claims to be the most-viewed business and investing programme in the US.
GroupM Entertainment unit Mindshare Entertainment, has previously created, In the Motherhood, a series of original webisodes for Mindshare clients Sprint and Unilever's Suave. It was later picked up by US TV network, ABC Television, and developed into the first prime time comedy to be spun off from an online series.
Peter Tortorici, GroupM Entertainment Worldwide chief executive said the partnership will help marketers deliver "big, ground-breaking ideas that engage and delight consumers".
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...