Newspaper ABCe's: Guardian.co.uk back on top as TimesOnline loses users
LONDON - Guardian.co.uk regained the mantle of the UK's most popular newspaper website in September, as Times Online's user base suffered a surprising drop.
ABCe's: Guardian back on top in September
After securing the top spot for three consecutive months, MailOnline slipped back to third in terms of global unique users (30 million), despite a 74% year on year.
Guardian.co.uk was the most-visited UK newspaper website in September, with 32.95 million global unique users, up 42% year on year.
The site also attracted more UK unique users (11.9 million) than any other UK newspaper website.
MailOnline, while only third most-visited UK newspaper site in terms of global unique users, was the second most-visited UK newspaper site in terms of UK unique users (9.5 million).
However, TimesOnline suffered a blow with its global unique user base shrinking by nearly one-tenth (8.4%) year on year to 18.5 million. And between August and September, it added only 235,711 global unique users.
TimesOnline's News International sibling, The Sun Online, increased its global unique users by 47% year on year to 22.99 million, including 9 million UK unique users.
Telegraph Online, meanwhile, increased its global unique user base by 36% to 31 million, including 9 million UK unique users, helping it to gain the spot as the second most-visited UK newspaper website in September.
Mirror Group Digital's global unique user base surged by 58% to 8.9 million.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...