The Premier League (according to Facebook)
LONDON - With Liverpool today becoming the first British football club to pass the one million fan mark on Facebook, the social network is proving to be a great place for sports brands to thrive. But how do England's top 20 clubs measure up on the world's most popular social network?
Liverpool FC: tops the Facebook Premier League
Liverpool launched its official Facebook fan page on 18 May and has since gained over one million fans. The Merseyside club was quick to get its official page up and running while others were late to the party and two have still to join in the fun.
And while other clubs may have more fans on unofficial pages and groups, this is what the Premier League would look like based on Facebook fans (correct as of 27 October 2009, source: Revolution):
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Mid Weight UX Designer Daniel Marks London 40k, Central London
- Senior UX Architect Daniel Marks London 65k, Central London
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Consumer Brands! Royds Raphael £35k-£40k / £150-£220+ day rate depending on experience, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager air recruitment Up to £30K dependent on experience, Central London
- Digital Intelligence Manager air recruitment Up to £50K dependent on experience, Central London
- Senior Planner (Brand Engagement) air recruitment Up to £70K dependent on experience, Central London