Study: Touchscreen phones better for brands
LONDON - Mobile users are more likely to click through on touchscreen ads, according to new research.
Apple's iPhone topped mobile ad study
The survey by Quattro Wireless included analysis of four billion ads served to mobile devices globally in the Q2 2009.
It found that rich media ads on mobile sites and within apps led to high click-through rates and engagement, but that the device being used had a significant impact. Rates were highest on touchscreen devices, and tended to be higher than average on sites that had been optimised for WAP or when placed within an app.
Apple's iPhone generated the highest response rate, at an index of 135, followed by gaming devices at 105, where 100 was the average rank. Quattro expects overall response rates to increase as more Android devices launch and BlackBerry improves its web browsing.
The survey also found that animated ads are twice as effective as text ads, and that expanding ads also drives higher click-throughs.
Growth is also being driven by m-commerce through ad linking to iTunes and Amazon.com from entertainment and consumer electronics brands.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...