Study: Touchscreen phones better for brands
LONDON - Mobile users are more likely to click through on touchscreen ads, according to new research.
Apple's iPhone topped mobile ad study
The survey by Quattro Wireless included analysis of four billion ads served to mobile devices globally in the Q2 2009.
It found that rich media ads on mobile sites and within apps led to high click-through rates and engagement, but that the device being used had a significant impact. Rates were highest on touchscreen devices, and tended to be higher than average on sites that had been optimised for WAP or when placed within an app.
Apple's iPhone generated the highest response rate, at an index of 135, followed by gaming devices at 105, where 100 was the average rank. Quattro expects overall response rates to increase as more Android devices launch and BlackBerry improves its web browsing.
The survey also found that animated ads are twice as effective as text ads, and that expanding ads also drives higher click-throughs.
Growth is also being driven by m-commerce through ad linking to iTunes and Amazon.com from entertainment and consumer electronics brands.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London