Augmented reality glasses offer instant translation
LONDON - Augmented reality glasses have been developed, projecting real-time language translation directly into people's eyes, Terminator style.
Augmented reality glasses: coming soon
Japanese tech company NEC has unveiled Tele Scouter, a system that can translate conversations in real time, and project subtitles onto a user's retina.
The system uses voice recognition, microphones and translation programmes to translate conversations as they happen, creating subtitles to cut out the need for human translators. Audio translations are also delivered via headphones.
The Tele Scouter eyeglasses are due for release in Japan next November, but will initially only be available to businesses in packs of 30 at a cost of £50,000.
The technology is the latest tool to offer real-time translation.
Last month, an iPhone app offering real-time Spanish to English translation was released by Jibbigo. It works by letting users speak into the iPhone, recording one sentence at a time, which is translated automatically.
The app has a vocabulary of 40,000 words, and is biased towards common travel queries and health information
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...