Thompson and O'Donnell take up new roles at Kinetic
Alex Thompson, chief executive of Asia-Pacific for WPP's out-of-home agency Kinetic, is to return to London to take up the new role of global head of business development as part of ongoing changes at the agency.
Chris O'Donnell: new Kinetic role
Chris O’Donnell, currently business development director in the UK, has been promoted to the post of chief executive of Asia-Pacific, based in Hong Kong.
Thompson will develop Kinetic’s global strategy by forming new partnerships and increasing the role of Kinetic’s specialist divisions for its international clients.
His appointment finalises Kinetic’s recent global executive restructure, which, among others, led to Steve Ridley moving to global chief operating officer, from Americas chief executive.
A spokesman said the restructure would drive development, business services and cohesion across the network.
O’Donnell will oversee Kinetic’s existing operations in Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia and the Philippines, working with the expanding Kinetic China operation.
In his current role, O’Donnell has worked on building Kinetic’s UK client base and driving its strategic offering. He will now build on the Asia-Pacific network developed by Thompson.
Steve Ridley, global chief operating officer at Kinetic, said both appointments reflected the agency’s commitment to a more integrated and coordinated global approach.
Kinetic was founded in 2005 and is 50% owned by its directors and 50% by WPP. However, WPP will take full ownership of the company at the end of this year.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...