IAB Engage: Digital the key for the COI
LONDON - The COI's digital ad spend has rocketed by 200% in the past three years, chief executive Mark Lund said today (11 November), and predicted digital will be "at the heart" of the COI in the future.
Mark Lund: chief executive, COI
Lund, who joined the COI earlier this year, was speaking at the IAB Engage event in London.
He said: "Digital has to not be just a great channel, but it has to be a joiner of other mediums. The challenge is to think about digital, but it has to be drawn in with other channels too."
Lund forecast that the COI's use of social media would be key in changing public behaviour, especially around health and climate change issues.
He said: "We are going to try and change consumer habits and the answer lies in conversations with digital media being crucial to that.
"Interactivity and social media allows positive environment and can be sustained. However, it's not good enough to do digital by itself, there has to be a link with other channels."
Public engagement is going to be key to the Government's communications strategy, said Lund, but with face-to-face engagement costly, digital activity will pave the way to communication with the public.
He added: "Digital opens up the numbers of participation and empowers citizens. Social media attracts a wider audience than we would have seen before."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...