Twitter users: we like ads, can we have some please?
LONDON - Twitter users are receptive to ads and even discuss brands on the microblog, according to research that highlights the huge commercial potential of the platform.
Twitter users are receptive to ads, finds study
A study of 3,000 consumers by Perfomics and ROI Research shows that 44 per cent of Twitter users are receptive to promotions and special offers, while 39 per cent have discussed a brand or product on the microblog.
The research highlights the growing opportunity for advertisers to take advantage of social media, showing that 44 per cent of Twitter users have actually recommended a product via the social media site.
Accrding to Performics and ROI Research, a further 48 per cent of Twitterers have gone on to search for a specific product or brand after seeing an ad on the microblog.
The research helps to dispel claims that users will flee Twitter in their droves once the microblog introduces its long awaited commercial strategy.
Twitter co-founder Biz Stone recently revealed the he company will add revenue generating tools by the end of 2009. He claims Twitter will implement a range of services for businesses including an analytics dashboard to aid tweet monitoring, or verified corporate accounts.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)