Evian roller babies makes Guinness Book of Records with 45 million online views
LONDON - Evian's 'Roller-skating Babies' viral ad, created by BETC Euro RSCG, has been recognised by the Guinness Book of Records as the most viewed online advertisement to date.
Adding up views for various versions of the ad across video sharing websites, the Guinness Book of Records has bestowed the honour on the ad for having 45,166,109 views as of 9 November 2009.
The ad ties in with Evian's "live young" strapline and shows babies performing a series of increasingly skilled roller-skate stunts, set to the tune of 'Rapper's Delight'.
The ad follows in the footsteps of successful viral campaigns such as Burger King's "subservient chicken" website, created by Crispin Porter + Bogusky, and the Samsung LED sheep viral from earlier this year,
The man behind the ad, Rémi Babinet, founder of BETC Euro RSCG and global creative director of Euro RSCG, said: "The Evian campaign has succeeded in proving that creativity can at the same time be very qualitative and very universal.
"In a climate of crisis and general gloom this advert shows that it can play the role of a positive spur in a depressed market."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)