Peter Jackson to judge NZ tourism crowdsourcing campaign
LONDON - Aspiring filmmakers have the chance of getting 'Lord of the Rings' director Peter Jackson to watch some of their work in a new competition to promote tourism in New Zealand.
Jackson, a native New Zealander famous for films like 'King Kong' and 'The Lovely Bones', is to be one of the judges of the 100% Pure New Zealand short film competition, which will see five finalists flown out to New Zealand to shoot and direct their own three-minute shorts.
Judging entries along with Jackson are some of the team he worked with on the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy, including executive producer Barrie Osborne.
The competition, called Your Big Break, begins with a visit to the dedicated website, where a brief can be downloaded. The site also includes advice from Jackson and links to footage that may inspire writers.
Entrants must write a screenplay for a three-minute film that they feel captures the spirit of New Zealand. Submissions can be made starting on 9 December and must be in by 15 January. After that, four of the finalists will be chosen via a panel of experts, including Osborne, and a fifth will be chosen by the public.
The five completed three-minute films will then be viewed and judged by Peter Jackson and the winning film will run on US television in 2010.
George Hickton, chief executive of Tourism New Zealand, said: "'Your Big Break' is asking people to capture the essence of 100% Pure New Zealand and tell the world their story of how they see the youngest country on earth.
"The importance of having two film industry legends involved with Your Big Break is immense. Their support will help ensure the project is noticed by the world's film industry, give it international reach and, we hope, result in some great stories."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Designer Duke Circa £40k - £43k , London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...