Habbo Hotel launches conversation tracking tool
LONDON - Habbo Hotel, the virtual world for teens, is offering marketers the chance to understand what its users are saying about their brands with a tool that has been piloted by MTV.
The site, which claims to have around 14 million monthly unique visitors, has launched 'Habble', a conversation measurement tool can measure brand names, slogans and key phrases over a defined period.
Habble was piloted for MTV International during a campaign promoting the MTV European Music Awards. After the campaign commenced in September, Habble showed that conversations around the awards were up by 371% in the UK and 762% in the Netherlands.
The tool has been developed to help brands advertising in the hotel and is used in conjunction with click-through rates, time spent and impressions. Brands not advertising within the virtual world can also use Habble to understand what type of conversations are taking place about them.
Habbo, which is owned by online entertainment company Sulake, claims teens are happy to engage with brands and promotions with 75% prepared to accept them and 56% likely to pass them on to their friends.
Sulake SVP global ad sales at Sulake, Phil Guest said: "Habble helps brands understand if a message is getting through. To engage with young people brands first need to become part of the conversation and this new tool provides another level of insight to this hard to reach demographic.
"It is helping our advertisers understand the value of running advertising promotions in Habbo Hotel, not only showing the uplift from a promotion but more interestingly, the continued discussion long after the brand promotion has finished.
"Knowing this, brand marketers can build on the conversation by engaging brand advocates to spread the word."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Marketing Project Officer Brand Recruitment £18000 - £22000 per annum, Cambridge
- Social Media Strategist Source £65000 - £75000 per annum + full benefits package, London