Habbo Hotel launches conversation tracking tool
LONDON - Habbo Hotel, the virtual world for teens, is offering marketers the chance to understand what its users are saying about their brands with a tool that has been piloted by MTV.
The site, which claims to have around 14 million monthly unique visitors, has launched 'Habble', a conversation measurement tool can measure brand names, slogans and key phrases over a defined period.
Habble was piloted for MTV International during a campaign promoting the MTV European Music Awards. After the campaign commenced in September, Habble showed that conversations around the awards were up by 371% in the UK and 762% in the Netherlands.
The tool has been developed to help brands advertising in the hotel and is used in conjunction with click-through rates, time spent and impressions. Brands not advertising within the virtual world can also use Habble to understand what type of conversations are taking place about them.
Habbo, which is owned by online entertainment company Sulake, claims teens are happy to engage with brands and promotions with 75% prepared to accept them and 56% likely to pass them on to their friends.
Sulake SVP global ad sales at Sulake, Phil Guest said: "Habble helps brands understand if a message is getting through. To engage with young people brands first need to become part of the conversation and this new tool provides another level of insight to this hard to reach demographic.
"It is helping our advertisers understand the value of running advertising promotions in Habbo Hotel, not only showing the uplift from a promotion but more interestingly, the continued discussion long after the brand promotion has finished.
"Knowing this, brand marketers can build on the conversation by engaging brand advocates to spread the word."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...