Online shoppers increasingly swayed by customer reviews
LONDON - Online shoppers rely heavily on user-generated product reviews, with the number of such reviews accessed up 128% year on year, according to new research.
Online shopping: increasingly influenced by customer reviews says latest research
More than 24 million online customers' reviews were accessed by consumers in the UK on so-called "Cyber Monday", November 30, the unofficial start of the online Christmas shopping season.
Internet shoppers also posed, read or answered more than five million questions about products in the run-up to Cyber Monday, according to the figures from social commerce business, Bazaarvoice, which served more than 827 million pieces of user-generated content in the UK in November.
Bazaarvoice provides social media applications to more than 650 brands worldwide, allowing them to feature reviews and inviting customers to ask and answer questions on products or services.
Online UK retailers have so far recorded pre-Christmas sales of £534m, a 16% increase on last year, according to consultants IMRG.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...