Online shoppers increasingly swayed by customer reviews
LONDON - Online shoppers rely heavily on user-generated product reviews, with the number of such reviews accessed up 128% year on year, according to new research.
Online shopping: increasingly influenced by customer reviews says latest research
More than 24 million online customers' reviews were accessed by consumers in the UK on so-called "Cyber Monday", November 30, the unofficial start of the online Christmas shopping season.
Internet shoppers also posed, read or answered more than five million questions about products in the run-up to Cyber Monday, according to the figures from social commerce business, Bazaarvoice, which served more than 827 million pieces of user-generated content in the UK in November.
Bazaarvoice provides social media applications to more than 650 brands worldwide, allowing them to feature reviews and inviting customers to ask and answer questions on products or services.
Online UK retailers have so far recorded pre-Christmas sales of £534m, a 16% increase on last year, according to consultants IMRG.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London