Wallpaper launches augmented reality special issue
LONDON - Wallpaper magazine is selling its January 'Next Generation' issue with an augmented reality cover and has tied with Wolff Olins for a special feature enhanced with AR technology.
The cover of the design and fashion magazine springs into life when readers hold it in front of a webcam, which transforms the flat page image of graduate designer Jørund Blikstad's 'Wall Cubes' into 3-D.
Readers can rotate and view the shelving from various angles by moving the magazine in front of their computer screen.
In its January issue, Wallpaper has also joined forces with international brand and innovation consultancy Wolff Olins to reveal the 10 new developments that could change the world in 2010.
These developments are listed in an 11-page feature, in which every page has AR technology, triggering both videos and animation.
The list of ten new developments — from augmented reality and virtual currency, to waterproof sand and the reinvention of the wheel — are the things that Wallpaper and Wolff Olins are tipping to make a big impact on the way people work, play, travel and relax in 2010.
Tony Chambers, Wallpaper editor-in-chief, said: "This issue of Wallpaper is all about the top trends and technologies for 2010, so we couldn't resist having some fun with the mind-bending, pixel-popping, multimedia minefield that is augmented reality.
"We do like to push creative boundaries here at Wallpaper, and with this issue, readers can see the magazine grow into a whole new dimension."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Director of Marketing Greenwich School of Management Circa £80,000 per annum package + bonus , Greenwich and Greenford, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Creative Services [Fill Exclusive] - Unique London Agency - £100k+ Fill Recruitment Ltd £100k+, Central London