Coca-Cola unveils 'Facebook' flavour Vitaminwater
ATLANTA - Coca-Cola has unveiled a new flavour for its Glaceau Vitaminwater drink called Connect, after a promotion run on social network site Facebook.
VitaminWater: Coca-Cola introduces Connect
The drink, available in the US from March, carries Facebook branding and descriptive text, using references to untagging, friend requests and photo stalking.
Connect is the result of a competition run on Vitaminwater's Facebook site, where consumers were invited to design their own flavours. The activity was promoted by a YouTube ad featuring NBA star Steve Nash, a brand ambassador for Vitaminwater in the US.
The promotion launched in September, with Facebook users invited to vote for their favourite flavour in a "flavour creator lab".
In the UK, Glaceau Vitaminwater was launched in May 2008 and the first national ad campaign followed in June last year. Several of its outdoor ads were later banned by the ASA because it deemed they were likely to mislead consumers. One ad used the headline "More muscles than brussels".
It is not yet clear if the Connect promotion will run in the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London