Coca-Cola unveils 'Facebook' flavour Vitaminwater
ATLANTA - Coca-Cola has unveiled a new flavour for its Glaceau Vitaminwater drink called Connect, after a promotion run on social network site Facebook.
VitaminWater: Coca-Cola introduces Connect
The drink, available in the US from March, carries Facebook branding and descriptive text, using references to untagging, friend requests and photo stalking.
Connect is the result of a competition run on Vitaminwater's Facebook site, where consumers were invited to design their own flavours. The activity was promoted by a YouTube ad featuring NBA star Steve Nash, a brand ambassador for Vitaminwater in the US.
The promotion launched in September, with Facebook users invited to vote for their favourite flavour in a "flavour creator lab".
In the UK, Glaceau Vitaminwater was launched in May 2008 and the first national ad campaign followed in June last year. Several of its outdoor ads were later banned by the ASA because it deemed they were likely to mislead consumers. One ad used the headline "More muscles than brussels".
It is not yet clear if the Connect promotion will run in the UK.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...