BBC and British Museum launch digital museum
LONDON - The BBC, in partnership with the British Museum, is launching a large-scale "digital museum" to promote the forthcoming BBC Radio 4 series "A History of the World in 100 Objects".
BBC: launches website in partnership with the British Museum
Created by GT, the campaign features a "History of the World" site, which showcases a number of artefacts included in the radio series, that users are able to interact with.
The objects have been sourced from over 350 local and regional museums, and each has a unique legacy that helps explain how the world has developed over time.
As part of the campaign, users are also given the opportunity to upload their own objects that they believe has a back story that can further help tell a history of the world.
The website was built using the BBC's new Forge platform, and will be continuously updated to tie in with the radio programmes as the series progresses.
GT was first appointed to the BBC roster in November 2007, and has since been responsible for handling the digital advertising to support the launch of the corporation's BBC iPlayer platform.
Chris Loll, the managing partner of GT, said: "We are proud to support the BBC and the British Museum in this remarkable endeavour that will redefine how we all interact with our world history."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...