Mayor's office to roll out new 'classic' brand identity
LONDON - Mayor of London Boris Johnson's £500,000 project to re-brand London will see the capital assume the classic typeface used by tourism body Visit London.
Following a protracted pitch, led by the Mayor's director of marketing Dan Ritterband, design agency Saffron picked up the brief to create a new all-encompassing brand for the capital.
It is now understood that the plain sans-serif typeface introduced by Visit London in 2008, and created by Saffron, will roll out to other promotional bodies such as Think London and Film London.
The Greater London Authority (GLA) is also expected to extend the branding to other divisions, such as Transport for London (TfL) and the London Development Agency (LDA).
When calling the review last year, Ritterband said it provided an opportunity to 'tidy up' communications and create a coherent message that mirrored the success of New York's 'NYC' branding.
The original brief, sent out in August, said the Mayor's Office was looking for a marque which represented the diversity of the capital.
Design agencies Studio Conran and Dragon Rouge reached the final stage of the pitch process, only for the GLA to hand the project to Saffron.
Visit London re-branded in 2008 to mark the capital's official transition to Olympic host city, and launched its first global ad campaign using the line 'See the world. Visit London'.
The Mayor's Office was unavailable for comment.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- PR SAM-AD Financial Services, £33-35k #PR Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP33000 - GBP55000 per annum, Benefits: benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...