RAJAR Q4 2009: Global's Heart rebrand fails to boost listenership
Global Radio's Heart radio network has steadily lost listeners since it completed a nationwide rebrand which added a further nine local stations in June 2009.
Jamie Theakston: Heart breakfast show presenter
An average of 7.26 million listeners tuned into a Heart station in the final three months of 2009, down 2.9% since the three months to June 2009 and 1.4% quarter on quarter.
Heart's reach was still up a healthy 4.6% year on year and it retains the widest reach of any commercial network.
Global Radio's dance and R&B Galaxy network gained listeners in the same period in 2008. The Galaxy network had an average weekly reach of 3.83 million listeners, up 4.6% year on year but down 1.5% quarter on quarter.
Kiss, the dance network from Bauer Media, had an average of 3.39 million listeners a week, up 5.1% year on year but down 4.3% quarter on quarter.
The Gold network, which is part of Global Radio, increased its weekly reach to 1.22 million listeners a week, up an impressive 22.1% year-on-year and 0.8% quarter on quarter.
Both Bauer Media's Magic and Guardian Media Group's Smooth Radio lost listeners year on year. The weekly reach across the Magic network was an average of 3.36 million listeners, down 3.6% year-on-year and 7.2% quarter on quarter.
The Smooth network had an average weekly reach of 2.69 million listeners between October and December 2009, down 6.6% year on year and 3.9% quarter on quarter.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...