McCann appoints Geoff Smith and Simon Butler as creative directors
LONDON - McCann Erickson London has hired Geoff Smith and Simon Butler, the duo behind Sure's "Stunt City", as creative directors.
Geoff Smith…joining McCann
The pair will work mainly on the agency's B&Q account, but will also cover a number of other clients and work on new business.
Smith and Butler have worked on a freelance basis since 2008.
Previously, they ran the creative department at Grey, before effectively being replaced by Andy Amadeo.
The pair have also worked at Lowe, where they created "Stunt City".
Smith and Butler have picked up a number of awards, including Cannes gold Lions for "Stunt City" and "through the bottle" for Smirnoff.
Brian Fraser, the executive creative director at McCann Erickson London, said: "Our hiring of Geoff and Simon further cements our dedication and creative ambition for the B&Q account, and we are extremely excited about the work to come."
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...