Hulu is best for long-form online video ads, says Vivaki
LONDON - Hulu, the US video-on-demand service, has the best ad-delivery system for long form video, according to a study by Publicis Groupe's trading arm Vivaki.
Hulu: winning model for long-form online video
Vivaki has chosen Hulu's Ad Selector, where users choose ads to view before streaming content, as the winning model for long-form online video, as a result of a media research project from the group called The Pool.
According to Vivaki, Hulu's Ad Selector delivered click-through rates that were 106% higher than pre-roll ads and online ad recall scores were 290% higher than pre rolls, perhaps because the user has to pause and choose from several different brands.
Vivaki's research, which was conducted in the US, looked at 29 different ad models over 16 months, involving brands such as Capital One and Nestle Purina PetCare.
The group said over 25 million customers were surveyed. Other media companies examined in the survey were AOL, Yahoo, CBS and Microsoft.
The next phase of Vivaki's research includes finding an ad model for short-form video, with a winner to be announced in October.
Vivaki oversees the digital and media operations of ZenithOptimedia, Starcom MediaVest Group, Digitas and Razorfish.
Hulu is expected to soon launch in the UK amid speculation that it has cemented a deal with ITV.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...