Hulu is best for long-form online video ads, says Vivaki
LONDON - Hulu, the US video-on-demand service, has the best ad-delivery system for long form video, according to a study by Publicis Groupe's trading arm Vivaki.
Hulu: winning model for long-form online video
Vivaki has chosen Hulu's Ad Selector, where users choose ads to view before streaming content, as the winning model for long-form online video, as a result of a media research project from the group called The Pool.
According to Vivaki, Hulu's Ad Selector delivered click-through rates that were 106% higher than pre-roll ads and online ad recall scores were 290% higher than pre rolls, perhaps because the user has to pause and choose from several different brands.
Vivaki's research, which was conducted in the US, looked at 29 different ad models over 16 months, involving brands such as Capital One and Nestle Purina PetCare.
The group said over 25 million customers were surveyed. Other media companies examined in the survey were AOL, Yahoo, CBS and Microsoft.
The next phase of Vivaki's research includes finding an ad model for short-form video, with a winner to be announced in October.
Vivaki oversees the digital and media operations of ZenithOptimedia, Starcom MediaVest Group, Digitas and Razorfish.
Hulu is expected to soon launch in the UK amid speculation that it has cemented a deal with ITV.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- European Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire