UKOM unveils Audience Planning System
LONDON - UKOM has unveiled the first research from its Audience Planning System, the first UK industry-agreed measurement and planning currency for online media.
UKOM: unveils Audience Planning System
The data, which is designed to allow advertisers and agencies to plan online campaigns in a similar way to TV and radio, shows 64% of visitors to the BBC website and 62% of visitors to Wikipedia and Amazon are from the ABC1 socio-economic group.
Amazon also has the highest concentration of visitors who are the main grocery shoppers at 50% of all visitors, followed by Microsoft at 47%, according to the UKOM figures.
The data looked at the 10 most popular UK online brands which include Google, MSN/WindowsLive/Bing, Facebook, BBC, Yahoo, Microsoft, eBay, Amazon, YouTube and Wikipedia.
Douglas McArthur, chairman of UKOM, said the release was "a truly significant milestone for the online advertising industry in delivering comparable audience measurement data to other, established media channels".
UKOM has built on Nielsen's established measurement system by using a larger work panel and including the UK social grade of the panellist, whether they are the main purchaser of groceries and their geographical location according to ISBA Regions.
The UK Online Measurement Company was set up to specify and oversee the measurement of online audiences and is run by the IAB and AOP, representing media owners, with oversight from ISBA on behalf of advertisers and the IPA on behalf of agencies.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...