Facebook's mobile user base reaches 100 million
LONDON - Facebook has reported that more than 100 million users are now accessing the social networking site via their mobiles, following a steep pick-up since September.
Facebook: reaching more than 100 million users via mobile
The new figure means the company's mobile user base has almost doubled in the past six months, thanks in part to the improved simplicity of access to the site from all the major handset manufacturers.
The rise also follows a redesign of the Facebook mobile site, which has now been made available in more than 70 languages.
In December, Nielsen ranked Facebook as the third most popular mobile site in the world, behind Google Search and Yahoo Mail.
The social network site, which is celebrating its sixth birthday this month, revealed earlier this week that it has also now passed 400 million users, despite only reaching the 300 million mark in September last year.
To harness the site's growing popularity, Facebook is also making its Chat function available to users through desktop instant messenger clients.
The feature will mean that users can now integrate the function with their preferred messenger service, meaning they will now no longer need to be logged in to connect and chat with their Facebook friends.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...