Jamie Oliver to appear in ad for Sainsbury's Active Kids Scheme
LONDON - Jamie Oliver is to appear in his first TV ad for the Active Kids campaign from Sainsbury's, alongside Dame Kelly Holmes.
The nationwide campaign, created by AMV BBDO, breaks tonight (17 February) and features Holmes with hundreds of children as they race through the corridors and playing fields of a school in North London. Holmes also coaches the children to hurdle and throw javelins, while Oliver is seen showing them how to make a smoothie.
Holmes has been an ambassador for Active Kids since its launch in 2005. Oliver on the other hand, has traditionally appeared in food-based advertising.
Customers can collect Active Kids vouchers in-store and donate them to their local schools, nurseries, Scout and Guide groups, which then redeem them for a wide variety of sports and activity equipment and experiences.
For the first time, Sainsbury's has opened the scheme up to Clubmark-accredited sports clubs, which will also be able to collect vouchers. This gives the opportunity for a further 10,000 clubs to gain from the scheme.
More than 32,000 organisations have benefited from the Active Kids scheme so far, with in excess of £86m in sports equipment and activities donated. Sainsbury's is aiming to donate £100m worth of equipment to schools by 2011.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)