Vodafone, HSBC and Tesco lead UK brand charge
LONDON - Vodafone, Tesco, and HSBC are the three leading UK brands to make it into the top 25 of a worldwide poll marking the most powerful brands around today, topped by Asda's US owner Wal Mart for the second year.
Vodafone: number seven in the poll
The world's five most powerful brands, according to analysts Brand Finance, are all from the US – Google, Coca-Cola, IBM, and Microsoft following leader Wal Mart. Wal Mart's brand value registered at $41.37bn in 2010.
Goggle's rise continues apace, jumping from number five to number two, leapfrogging Coca-Cola, which used to head up the list regularly. Google's rival Microsoft fell one place, as did IBM.
The UK brands were headed up by Vodafone, charting at number seven, up from eight the year before and with a brand value of $29bn.
The UK phone giant swapped places with HSBC – whose brand allure was perhaps hit by the banking crisis.
Yet Spanish financial company Santander enjoyed a stunning performance, jumping from 41 to number 12.
Tesco surged four places from 20 to 16, ahead of the likes of Apple, McDonald's and Walt Disney.
Toyota's recent woes, which saw millions of its models being recalled, were too late to impact this year's list and the Japanese car-maker remained level in tenth spot.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...