Public affairs firm Saffron Chase charts rise of 'India Inc'
Vikas Pota, MD of public affairs firm Saffron Chase, has debuted a new book which chronicles 10 success stories among India's entreprenuerial class.
Saffron Chase MD Vikas Pota
India Inc charts the rise of global success stories that Pota parallels to iconic businessmen such as News Corp's Rupert Murdoch, Berkshire Hathaway's Warren Buffett and Microsoft's Bill Gates,
Among Pota's subjects are Zee TV founder Subhash Chandra, Infosys Technologies chief mentor Naryana Murthy and Tata Consultancy Services vice-chairman Subramaniam Ramadorai.
'All countries have their own unique DNA when it comes to how they conduct business,' said Pota. 'The new trick for PR companies is to understand the business culture of foreign owned companies and then be able to marry that up with the country they're looking to invest in. I strongly believe that expanding interconnectivity between nations means the need to master this skill is on the increase.'
Pota added that the process of interviewing the ten Indian entreprenuers offered a unique insight into their concerns as they target global success.
'For example, Baba Kalyani, Chairman of Bharat Forge, the world's largest forging company revealed to me his deep fear surrounding the brand "Made in India",' said Pota.
'He was desperate to turn around an overseas image of shoddy and uncompetitive products. Any PR company engaging with him has to understand this underlying anxiety.'
Saffron Chase currently has offices in London, Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Amnesty International Secretariat £52,464, WC1X 0DW
- Head of Editorial Compliance Telegraph Media Group Competitive + excellent benefits, London
- board director > DIRECT RESPONSE EVANGELIST collectivo to £90k + bens, LONDON
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Director, up to £52k, plus benefits - Integrated, Social, Content, ATL Role - AMAZING ROLE! MODA consult up to £52k + benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager or top end Account Manager, Digital role, iconic British Retail brand £35k MODA consult £30k - £35k + excellent benefits, Central London