UBM acquires Game Advertising Online
LONDON - United Business Media (UBM) has acquired banner advertising agency Game Advertising Online (GAO) in a deal worth up to $8m.
The media business has initially paid $1m for GAO but will pay up to an additional $7m based on performance. GAO is expected to generate revenue of approximately $4m in the 12 months to March 2010.
GAO will sit under United's existing game developer group portfolio, TechWeb, as it looks to boost its business with online game publishers and with consumer online game websites.
Founded in 2006, the banner advertising agency uses a self-service, auction-based system and places in-game and banner advertising on leading gaming websites using cost-per-click and cost-per-acquisition business models.
With access to 50 million unique users GAO delivers over two billion ad impressions per month through a worldwide network of casual, browser-based and mainstream gaming websites, as well as game community networking sites.
Tony Uphoff, chief executive officer of UBM TechWeb said: "GAO provides us with both revenue growth potential and a new business model."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...