Acxiom launches social media matching and targeting service
LONDON - Data services giant Acxiom has launched a service with the ability to identify whether a client's customers are active in social media from their opted-in email addresses.
Acxiom: launches Relevance-X Social tool
Acxiom is marketing the Relevance-X Social tool and associated service in the UK, inviting a number of marketers and agencies to a launch event at wine merchant Berry Bros and Rudd last night.
The service, which Acxiom describes as "uncovering customers' social footprint", has already been used by US clients including an FMCG company for the launch of an energy bar as well as automotive companies.
Acxiom takes opted-in customer email addresses supplied by a client and searches social media sites for profiles which are registered with the addresses. Sites its US and UK service works with include Facebook, MySpace, Twitter and LinkedIn.
At a basic level it can build a picture of a group of customers through data such as the social networks they belong to, the number of friends they have, and how communicative they are.
Add-on services include creating campaigns to address these customers, for example with "member get member" activity that offers them an incentive to talk to their friends about a client's brand, and tracking those campaigns.
Steven Plimsoll, vice-president for multi-channel marketing services at Acxiom, said: "Social media can now be a two-way street. It's about listening to feedback from customers and using it to enhance innovation and service delivery, as well as to drive promotions, accelerate product launches and inspire purchases."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...