TV trading season blighted by more advertiser disputes
LONDON - The 2010 TV deal season has proved to be messier than anticipated with several major FMCG advertisers still locked in dispute with broadcasters.
Nurofen: ads are not running on C4 and most Sky channels
Industry sources said this is partly due to greater pressure being exerted by agency groups on media owners for better rates to meet terms agreed in client pitches.
Reckitt Benckiser, which pitched its £84m media business last year before appointing ZenithOptimedia, is not trading with Channel 4 and is said to have issues with Sky Media as it looks for greater value in the TV market.
Consequently, ads for brands including Nurofen, Vanish, Air Wick and Clearasil are not running on C4 and the majority of Sky channels.
Aegis Media, whose clients include Coca-Cola, is in dispute with Five and ads from
its clients are not running on the broadcaster's channels. However, Five is benefiting from Reckitt's dispute with the other channels.
Unilever's stand-off with Sky Media, reported by Campaign in January, also continues. Campaigns from the FMCG giant are not running on Sky channels after the broadcaster and Unilever's agency Mindshare, which recently retained the Unilever account following a pitch, were unable to agree terms.
Such stand-offs are often resolved earlier in the year following a trading season. One broadcast source said agency groups could face difficulties as they look for greater value in a TV market where inflation is becoming a factor.
Channel 4, Five and Sky Media declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...