Yahoo! acquires social media sports website
LONDON - Yahoo! is making its first acquisition this year in the form of US social media sports site Citizen Sports.
Citizen Sports: acquired by Yahoo!
Citizen Sports has the number one fantasy American football app on Facebook and engages and unites fans across the world around their favourite sports team.
The acquisition aims to bolster Yahoo! Sports' reach, which was more than 39 million unique monthly users in February, according to Comscore.
Yahoo! Sports will be integrated into Citizen Sports' range of products and applications for football, hockey, soccer, baseball, racing, rugby, hockey and cricket.
In addition, Yahoo! Sports users will be able to broadcast their allegiances, create or join a conversation with friends and fans and cheer for their teams through Citizen Sports' applications.
The acquisition come as another of Yahoo!'s senior executives, Ash Patel, announced his departure from the business. Patel, who has been at the company for 14 years, follows top US ad sales executive and senior vice president Joanna Bradford out of Yahoo!.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...