Paper Round (22 March) - a look at the day's newspapers
LONDON - The Daily Telegraph warns of the 'Relentless march of state spending', while The Times quotes claims that the chancellor needs to 'find extra £10bn in savings': welcome to Budget week.
Elsewhere, news that convicted Soham murderer Ian Huntley has been attacked in prison grabbed the attention of The Sun, the Daily Mirror, the Daily Express, The Daily Telegraph and the Daily Mail today.
Across the Atlantic, President Obama is still fighting for US healthcare reforms on the cover of The Guardian, while the Tory leader's wife, Samantha Cameron, commands covers of the Daily Mail and The Daily Telegraph, following a ‘risqué fashion shoot'.
Toys ‘R' Us is at the centre of two giveaway's today. The first is a Lego toy car with the Daily Mirror, also available through Tesco. The second is for a free Barbie book with the Daily Express.
Big money is on the table today with The Daily Mail offering the chance to win a French cottage or £75,000 in cash, while readers of the Daily Star can win a £27k Ford van in a tie- up with trade catalogue ScrewFix.
The Sun returns to its heavily advertised theme park ticket offer to its cover while The Times promotes its Game pull out and its puzzle pages.
Publisher Northern and Shell extends its cross-selling promotion to its magazine portfolio, offering £1 off OK! magazine with the Daily Express.
HSBC is the only advertiser on the covers today, highlighting its premium bank account with The Daily Telegraph.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...