Tourism Australia launches Facebook 'boomerang' app
LONDON - Tourism Australia is launching a social media campaign offering consumers the chance to win a working holiday in the South Australian outback.
Tourism Australia: launches Facebook 'boomerang' app
The campaign, by Touch DDB, launches this week and encourages Facebook users to throw a virtual boomerang in the form of an app.
The app has to travel via a number friends before returning to the first person. Whoever manages to "throw" the boomerang the greatest distance wins. Users can watch the "flight" of the boomerang via a map showing its progress.
The winner receives a lengthy holiday in Australia, including a month's work placement at the Prairie Hotel in southern Australia.
Tourism Australia UK general manager Rodney Harrex said the promotion will help to increase the number of people it converses with on sites like Facebook.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager fishtank 32k to 42k per year GBP, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...