Guardian's Marc Sands becomes media director at the Tate
LONDON - Marc Sands, former marketing director at Guardian News & Media (GNM), has been appointed to the position of director, audiences and media, at the Tate.
Marc Sands: appointed director, audiences and media, at the Tate
Sands, who takes up his role in May, will preside over the above-the-line marketing function, public relations, direct marketing, and digital operations.
The remit includes control of the gallery owner's relationship with creative incumbent agency Fallon and digital agency Dewynters.
Sands left GNM at the end of last year after a strategic review of the business, which made his role as marketing director of The Guardian and The Observer redundant.
Tate, owner of galleries including Tate Britain and Tate Modern, is looking to ramp up its digital presence and capture new audiences.
Tate Online had millions of visitors to its website last year. In his new role, Sand will report to the Tate's deputy director, Alex Beard.
Sands, who left GNM after nine years, was also a former marketing director for the ITV venture ONdigital.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...