Fan imitates Ryan Giggs in Manchester United credit card ad
LONDON - The famous celebration produced by Ryan Giggs in Manchester United's 1999 FA Cup semi-final victory over Arsenal, is being recreated in a new TV ad to promote the club's credit card and membership reward schemes.
Manchester United: credit card ad by Origin Creative
The 60-second spot, which was created by the Cheshire-based agency Origin Creative and will run on United's TV channel MUTV, features a fan purchasing a TV using his Manchester United credit card.
The supporter is so happy with his purchase that he decides to celebrate by running out of the store and re-enacting Giggs' iconic celebration, by removing his shirt and swingeing it over his head.
After completing the celebration, the man returns to his disapproving wife, who informs him: "You're not Ryan Giggs...and you've got the car keys".
A voiceover adds: "The Manchester United credit card – well worth celebrating".
Matt Casey, the creative director of Origin Creative, said: "Any diehard United fan will be instantly familiar with the feelings of joy that the Giggs celebration conveys. We thought it was a great way to convey how fantastic the United card's membership privileges are".
United, who face Bayern Munich tonight (30 March) in the UEFA Champions League, has come under fire from a section of its fans in recent weeks, who have voiced their anger regarding how the club is being run.
The fans have given their backing to a group of financiers called the Red Knights, who plan to wrestle control of the club away from the current owners.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...