Dr Pepper moves into social media in latest 'What's the worst?' burst
LONDON - Coca-Cola is taking its Dr Pepper brand into social media, using its "What's the worst that could happen?" tagline to challenge people to risk embarrassing themselves to win money and ringtones.
Dr Pepper: launching into social media promotions
A Facebook UK fan page for the drink will host news as well as brand content, and users will be invited to play the Dr Pepper Status Takeover challenge.
Users who are willing to take part put their own Facebook status in the hands of the brand, with a chance to win £1,000. The more embarrassing the status, the greater the chance users have of winning.
The brand is also running a ringtone giveaway across 330ml cans and 500ml bottles. Consumers are again challenged to accept a ringtone, which "could be good or could be embarrassing".
The activity will be supported through TV ads, with Dr Pepper re-running its 'Nurse' and 'Over-friendly father' spots.
Coca-Cola has also agreed a three-year deal to sponsor the Tidal Wave ride at Thorpe Park theme park, introducing Dr Pepper branding, and queue entertainment will be present.
Cathryn Sleight, marketing director at Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "The Dr Pepper, 'What's the worst that could happen?' creative has a successful nine-year heritage for the brand, and continues to resonate strongly with our teen audience.
"In 2010, we're looking to bring the message to life, giving consumers a personal experience in social environments and scenarios that are relevant to them, and appeal to their sense of humour."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London
- Senior Consultant Brand Strategy Rare Selection Up to £68K + benefits, South West London