Facebook hires ex-Bebo chief Joanna Shields
LONDON - Facebook has hired former Bebo chief executive Joanna Shields to head its charge into Europe in a move that will see Blake Chandlee shift roles.
Shields: joining Facebook
Shields, who was most recently president of people platforms at AOL, will take on the role of vice-president of business development and sales for Europe at Facebook. She will attempt to further build the Facebook brand in Europe in her new role.
Her appointment comes as current European commercial director Blake Chandlee shifts focus. He has been appointed to vice-president of sales for emerging markets for Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
Previously Facebook's top employee in Europe, Chandlee will attempt to publicise the Facebook brand in emerging markets as he has already done with the social network in Europe.
In her role at Bebo, Shields was headquartered in London and she will return to the UK to take on the Facebook role.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Video Creative Solutions Sales Manager Ultimate Asset £40000 - £65000 per annum + +comm+bens, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Fashion Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager: £37k - Mobile Phone Brand Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum + Phone and Benefits!, London
- Digital Planner Buyer - £28k - Big Budgets! Ultimate Asset £26000 - £28000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Creative Thinker - Senior Planner Buyer - £35k Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Senior Digital Media Planner Buyer- £30k- Independent Agency Ultimate Asset £28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, London