BBC Magazines gives Radio Times a makeover
LONDON - The Radio Times has had a redesign and upped its pagination in its first revamp under editor Ben Preston.
Radio Times: BBC magazine get a new look
The BBC Magazines TV listings guide has been given an updated cover design and will carry a new weekly guide to the best of catch-up TV and radio on iPlayer and other video-on-demand services.
There is an extra page for radio coverage and a new regular column by broadcaster Eddie Mair.
The review section has added sports and children’s coverage and the TV listings page has been overhauled.
The Radio Times, which appointed new editor Ben Preston in September, nudged back over the one million mark in the ABC figures for the period July to December 2009.
Circulation for the BBC title rose 3.6% over six months, but remained down 2.2% year on year.
The future ownership of the Radio Times is unclear after the BBC strategy review last month indicated the corporation would move away from physical media such as magazines and prioritise international over domestic activity.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Category and Channel Insights Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £40000.00 per annum, South East England
- Digital Marketing Executive (Search Marketing) Brand Recruitment £27000 per annum + benefits, Bury St. Edmunds
- Associate Creative Director Major Players negotiable, City of London
- CRM Data Executive Brand Recruitment £26000 - £29000 per annum + doe plus benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, South East
- Market Research and Insight Executive (Manager level) Stopgap £38000 - £40000 per annum, London