Asda to launch election 2010 website to encourage mums to blog
Asda is launching a digital initiative to enlist its customers to blog about politics in the run-up to the general election.
The supermarket giant is recruiting ‘Asda mums' to keep an online diary on a new Election 2010 website, which is due to be launched this week.
The idea follows Asda's decision to open up its website to online Q&A sessions with politicians from the three main parties.
Each party's leader will also be posting a video on the website.
Asda head of corporate comms Dominic Burch told PRWeek that the digital initiatives are aimed at ‘driving up engagement and engaging more people with the brand'.
‘We just see this as an opportunity to get closer to our customers,' said Burch.
‘Asda mum is going to be an important stakeholder in the election.'
The political activity follows the steady rollout of the Your Asda social media website over the past year, along with an expanded presence on Twitter and YouTube.
The initiative was described as a ‘smart move' by Mandate head of digital Mark Pack, who previously oversaw digital comms for the Liberal Democrats. ‘For Asda it will mean more engagement with its customers, more knowledge about what its customers think, people spending more time on its web properties and positive PR,' he said.
‘It's a smart combination of benefiting the company and the public good.'
Wolfstar deputy MD Mark Hanson agreed: ‘Asda is being smart in gaining traction online by using its assets.'
This article was first published on prweek.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior Account Director - Advertising Spectrum 360 Recruitment £55k - £60k, London, Soho
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...