Channel 4 signs up Waitrose for food sponsorship
LONDON - Channel 4 has signed up Waitrose for a year-long sponsorship of food programming, with activity kicking off around Heston's Blumenthal's new series, 'Heston's Feasts'.
The sponsorship creative features the reactions of young children trying unusual or strongly flavoured foods for the first time. These include anchovies, pomegranates, Stilton cheese and dragon fruit.
The light-hearted, unscripted idents from Waitrose support its current celebrity orientated marketing campaign, featuring Heston Blumenthal alongside Delia Smith. The idents have been created by MCBD, with media planning and buying handled by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
'Heston's Feasts' shows the chef on a "gastronomic adventure", in which he reinvents famous period and mythical feasts as part of a modern banquet. The first in the series focused on a Chocolate Factory Feast.
The sponsorship deal includes other C4 food shows such as 'Iron Chef' and 'Gordon Ramsay's Best Restaurants'.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...