Channel 4 signs up Waitrose for food sponsorship
LONDON - Channel 4 has signed up Waitrose for a year-long sponsorship of food programming, with activity kicking off around Heston's Blumenthal's new series, 'Heston's Feasts'.
The sponsorship creative features the reactions of young children trying unusual or strongly flavoured foods for the first time. These include anchovies, pomegranates, Stilton cheese and dragon fruit.
The light-hearted, unscripted idents from Waitrose support its current celebrity orientated marketing campaign, featuring Heston Blumenthal alongside Delia Smith. The idents have been created by MCBD, with media planning and buying handled by Manning Gottlieb OMD.
'Heston's Feasts' shows the chef on a "gastronomic adventure", in which he reinvents famous period and mythical feasts as part of a modern banquet. The first in the series focused on a Chocolate Factory Feast.
The sponsorship deal includes other C4 food shows such as 'Iron Chef' and 'Gordon Ramsay's Best Restaurants'.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London