Trading Places (9 Apr): This week's people moves in advertising, marketing and media
LONDON - Former AOL MD Michael Steckler resurfaced in the digital world this week and Mastercard appointed a new global marketing chief, as Brand Republic rounds up the people moves in advertising, digital, marketing and media.
Michael Steckler: joins Criteo as managing director
Steak co-founder Julian Walker has left after five years at the helm of the digital agency to pursue new interests. Walker, who co-founded the agency in 2005 with chief executive Oliver Bishop and head of paid search Duncan Parry, will not be replaced. (Campaign)
Michael Steckler, AOL UK's former managing director, has joined the personalised retargeting business Criteo. Steckler will join the business on 4 May as its first managing director, nearly three months after leaving technology giant AOL. (Media Week)
Muller Dairy has appointed internal candidate Jonathan Dee as its interim marketing director in replacement of Chris McDonough. McDonough joined Molson Coors, the beer company, in February this year. (Marketing)
MasterCard Worldwide has promoted Alfredo Gangotena to the position of chief marketing officer, with immediate effect. He replaces Lawrence Flanagan, who is to retire after 10 years in the role. (Marketing)
Outdoor media owner Admedia has appointed four new sales people, Peter White, Neil Boyle, Matt Gardiner and Cedric Rouse, who will work across client, agency and specialist sales. (Media Week)
APA, the customer magazine association, has elected Ellen Brush, the managing director of Axon Publishing, as its new chairwoman. Brush replaces Martin MacConnol, chief executive of Wardour, who had been in the position since 2008. (Media Week)
Charly Classen, senior director of business development for EMEA at ESPN, has taken on the additional role of commercial director for the UK as the sports broadcaster ramps up its London based operations. Classen reports to Lynne Frank, ESPN's managing director of Europe, Middle East and Africa. (Media Week)
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...