Comparethemarket.com, Spotify and AKQA triumph at Revolution Awards
LONDON - Mark Vile, marketing director at Comparethemarket.com won digital marketer of the year at last night's Revolution Awards 2010 ceremony.
Mark Vile: Revolution's Digital Marketer of the Year
Vile walked away with the top marketing prize for turning comparethemarket.com into a household name. The judges commended him for channeling the brand's £25m marketing budget into effective TV ads and original digital marketing campaigns.
The coveted agency of the year prize went to AKQA for the second year running. AKQA was judged to have applied consistently high levels of innovation and creativity in its campaigns, especially in mobile advertising. Media Contacts ran AKQA close and was highly commended in this category.
The Revolution Grand Prix, which recognises the best digital work across all disciplines, went to Bayer Schering Pharma and Profero for their In-Bed campaign, which aimed to address the sensitive subject of erectile dysfunction.
Spotify triumphed in the best start-up category after a phenomenal rise in popularity and revenue since its origin in 2006. Media owner of the year went to Twitter, which was singled out by the judges for ecoming a primary source of information for so many of the world's influential people.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire