Glam to open first international HQ in London
LONDON - Glam Media, operator of women's website network Glam.com, is opening international headquarters in the UK as it looks to expand in to Italy, Spain and Asia.
The office will be run by co-founder and executive vice-president of Glam Global Partners, Ernie Cicogna, who will become general manager, international.
It will manage the operations of Glam Media outside the US and drive the strategy for worldwide expansion.
Glam's UK staff are set to move from their current premises into the new offices, which will house 35 staff altogether with room for expansion.
The company is in the process of hiring a new UK head due to Bernard Desarnauts taking the new role of senior vice president of new market development. Desarnauts, who was previously general manager of Europe, will remain responsible for overseeing the UK side of the business until the position is filled.
In addition, Glam has appointed Joerg Dreyer as chief financial officer and Ueso Masato as chief technical officer of Glam International.
Cicogna said: "We are currently focused on building a centralised infrastructure to help expedite our growth. France was our first new market since the recent funding and we are actively evaluating other new markets, partners and strategic acquisitions for further expansion."
The move is part of Glam's global expansion plans following a recent $50m funding injection. Last month it rolled out in France, following successful openings in the UK, US, Germany and Japan.
However, the launch landed the women's ad network in a legal wrangle with a French social media site called Glam One.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...