Glam to open first international HQ in London
LONDON - Glam Media, operator of women's website network Glam.com, is opening international headquarters in the UK as it looks to expand in to Italy, Spain and Asia.
The office will be run by co-founder and executive vice-president of Glam Global Partners, Ernie Cicogna, who will become general manager, international.
It will manage the operations of Glam Media outside the US and drive the strategy for worldwide expansion.
Glam's UK staff are set to move from their current premises into the new offices, which will house 35 staff altogether with room for expansion.
The company is in the process of hiring a new UK head due to Bernard Desarnauts taking the new role of senior vice president of new market development. Desarnauts, who was previously general manager of Europe, will remain responsible for overseeing the UK side of the business until the position is filled.
In addition, Glam has appointed Joerg Dreyer as chief financial officer and Ueso Masato as chief technical officer of Glam International.
Cicogna said: "We are currently focused on building a centralised infrastructure to help expedite our growth. France was our first new market since the recent funding and we are actively evaluating other new markets, partners and strategic acquisitions for further expansion."
The move is part of Glam's global expansion plans following a recent $50m funding injection. Last month it rolled out in France, following successful openings in the UK, US, Germany and Japan.
However, the launch landed the women's ad network in a legal wrangle with a French social media site called Glam One.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London