Budweiser launches World Cup TV spot
LONDON - Budweiser is launching a new TV campaign to promote parent company Anheuser-Busch InBev's global sponsorship of the World Cup in South Africa.
The spot, by DDB's global agency network, is called 'Swap' and opens with two Brazilian and Paraguayan footballers exchanging shirts at the end of a match.
Members of the crowd also begin swapping shirts, before the ad cuts to humorous shots of different consumers swapping pets and wigs.
A blonde woman in a bar then asks a man to swap his Budweiser with her drink. Upon noticing that she was drinking a cocktail, the barman provides him with a new bottle of Budweiser.
The ad ends with a shot of the World Cup trophy, along with the line "Budweiser United - Official beer of the FIFA World Cup".
A second version of the ad launches next month, which will attempt to drive awareness of Budweiser's Predict & Win on-pack promotion. The campaign will be based around a dedicated microsite, www.budweiser.co.uk/predictandwin.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...